- January, 2002: SUPERIOR POLLED GENETICS now available!
- January, 2002: HERDSIRE PROSPECTS 2002 Consigning to Transon's Simmental Bull Sale in Red Deer - March 30/02. 2 Polled Flechviehs, 2 Horned Fleckviehs, and 2 Double Polled 3/4 Fleckviehs. Also, offering by private treaty, 5 low birth weight 3/4 Fleckvieh sons of Houston 78G.
- October, 2001: New Website
dedicated to the production of beef. Space is
provided for you to market your elite donor cows, embryos, sires, semen,
commercial cows and calves, farms and ranches, equipment, and services
for beef production. We will also provide links to your site. Rates on
- February, 2000: New Donor cows available for flushing this spring
before April 30th.
- February, 2000: New photo of
Dayton's Pol Houston 78G. His Semen is now available in U.S.A.
and Mexico only!!! $50 per straw with a minimum of 10 purchsed. Houston's
first calf 1K - born unassisted from a first calf heifer.
- October, 1999: Calfs selected for the New Fleck Select Sale
Dec.4, 99 in Red Deer Alberta. Out of Germany Dayton's
El Toro 28J an Eldorado son with an 86 lb. birthweight. This unique
Bullcalf has dark red parents and is the result of an embryo imported
from Germany. His dam was selected for her moderate frame and very
tight picture perfect udder. Here is a photo of
her in later years.
Dayton's Pol Marilyn, a 100% polled fleckvieh
heifer, was also selected for Fleck Select. Born Feb. 18, 99 bwt.
90 and adj. wean. 773lbs. From a first calf Emperor
daughter. This heifer has maternal genetics written all over her
being one of the first polled females offered. mother and grandmother
Margot. Sired by the performance leader Eldorado.
Dayton's Red Mo was also selected. Sired
by Great Guns Moses and dam Great Guns Margot this calf has colour,
muscling and top maternal genetics.
The Fourth pick is a horned daughter of Eldorado. Dayton's
Miss Flora going back to a great Donor Cow Klondike Flower.
She has pigment on eyes, lips, feet and udder.
- March, 1999: 10 for 10 sons of Dayton's
8Y have been Banner candidates at the Lakeland College Test station
in Vermillion Alberta. 10 8Y sons tested consecutively finishing in
the top 10 in the last 4 years with an average index of 114. This
year 3 sons of Stockman topped the Charolais test and had an average
index of 116 measured 38 cm and had weights of 1514, 1515 and 1516
lbs. after test. An 8Y son was the overall high gaining bull at the
test station with an average gain of 4.31 lbs. 8Y is now open and
ready to be flushed as well as a Homozygous polled Daughter sired
by Monte Carlo.
Dayton's Pol Endeavour has been
leased to Semex Alliance. This Emperor son was selected for his
unique polled Fleckvieh genetics from an excellent Great Guns cow
Margot. Thank you Semex.
- February, 1999: High-selling bull at the Fleckvieh Fest,
Dec. 1998 $46,000: Klondike Jason.
Progeny of Emperor.
- February, 1999:
Calf's arriving at Dominion Cattle Co.: 18J
- January, 1999: We had a very interesting trip to Europe
and have acquired some very interesting and new genetics for the North
American market. New sires will be listed under Imports from Germany
and Austria. We also toured the Polled Governmental Herd and were
very impressed. We also had the opportunity to see some of the first
offspring of Eisenherz.
- October 17, 1998: Dayton and Florian are travelling to Europe
in search of new and exciting genetics - stay tuned.
- October 1998: Introducing Dayton's
Polled Empress 11 H
- October 1998: Our New
Herd Sire: Day Hasalz 732G
- July, 1998: Canadian
Beef Cattle Reference Herd the University of Saskatchewan
site where we took part in a research project.
- July, 1998: The Bavarian Fleckvieh Genetics new
- March, 1998: Dayton's
8Y - Super Charolais Donor Cow
- March 28, 1998: Lakeland College
Bull Test Sale
- January, 1998: Our Partnership
with Bavarian Fleckvieh Genetics
- December, 1997: Technology
Dayton, Carol, Jason & Jonathan Funk
R.R. #1 Richard, Saskatchewan Canada
Phone (306) 246-4745
Fax (306) 246-4912